Happy Monday y’all! Becca here from Sunflower Seams. I needed a quick Valentines Day dress for my daughter’s class party this week so I made this adorable knit shift dress but it was missing something. My daughter had a great idea to add some large appliqued hearts. It makes my heart so happy when she puts her input into the things I make for her and actually gets excited to wear it.
Knit Appliqued Heart Dress
HeatNBond Soft Stretch Fusible Adhesive – Lite
HeatNBond Soft Stretch Fusible Adhesive – Lite Hem Tape
12″x12″ square of Hawthorne Supply Co. Sweet on You Frosting in Succulent
12″x12″ square of Hawthorne Supply Co. Sweet On You Frosting in
1 yard of Hawthorne Supply Co. All You Need is Love in Sweet
Autumn’s Knit Shift Dress pattern by Simple Life Pattern Company
Free Heart Templates
Appliqued Heart Knit Dress Instructions
1. Cut two 12″x12″ pieces of Heat N Bond Soft Stretch Lite. Apply Soft Stretch to the wrong side of your fabric with a heat source.
2. Choose a heart design for the Cricut Maker. *if you do not have a Cricut you can make your own template to cut the hearts. Repeat this step for the smaller heart.
3. Remove the paper backing from the fabric heart.
4. Determine the placement of the large appliqued heart and press with your heat source.
5. Next, place the smaller appliqued heart on the skirt, overlapping the large heart and press with your heat source.
6. Using a stretch stitch, topstitch 1/8″ away from the raw edge of the hearts.
Be sure not to miss this equally adorable dress from Becca as well!