Doesn’t every Mom deserve flowers not on just Mother’s Day but any day of the year?
Create this floral embellished frame using the beautiful Grace Collection from Authentique and Therm O Web’s fabulous adhesives. It’s sure to be a lasting reminder of how much love you share this Mother’s Day and throughout the year.
Mother’s Day Frame and Card by Patti Milazzo
Therm O Web Supplies:
Therm O Web Mini Runner – Sticky Dot
Therm O Web Zots – Medium
Therm O Web Zots – 3D
Therm O Web 3D Adhesive Foam – Squares
Authentique: Grace Collection of pattern papers; Grace Noteables (die-cuts)
Craft wood frame, acrylic paint (cream, white), ribbon, hemp, button, clear acrylic spray
- Begin by removing the center panel of the craft wood frame. Apply a single watered down acrylic “wash” coat to the frame with a foam brush. The thinned paint will still show the wood grain in the background and be easier to sand off than a thicker coat of paint. Let this dry thoroughly. Sand and distress the frame along the edges. Add a bit of pink/rose colored chalk along the edges and corners. Apply flecks of white and cream paint using a stiff bristle paintbrush and let dry. Seal with a clear matte finish acrylic spray and set aside to dry.
- Use Therm O Web Mini Runner to adhere pattern paper to cover the inner panel of the frame and then create a simple design to embellish it.
- Cut paper ribbons and layer near the bottom right corner. Then select a cut-out from the Foundations pattern paper, apply Therm O Web Adhesive Foam Squares to the back and adhere over a brown cardstock mat over the paper ribbons. Use the Small Adhesive Squares to adhere the tiny “cherished” die-cut. Add the punched circle and heart with 3D Zots and Adhesive Foam.
- Fussy cut out the flowers from the Delicate pattern paper – cut out a larger image, then several smaller pieces to layer. Adhere the larger image with Medium Zots to the corner of frame and then apply 3D Zots to the back of the smaller pieces to layer on top. Repeat this process to embellish the bottom left corner of the frame as well.
TIP: Leave the protective plastic on the Zot and cut with scissors to create smaller pieces.
- Tie a bow from sheer ribbon and a double bow from natural hemp. Adhere the ribbon with Medium Zots to the frame just above the flowers at the bottom left corner. Apply Zots again to attach the hemp and on the back of the button.
- Finish the frame with other accents – pearls and crackle medium (heart).
- Create a similar design for the card using the “World’s Best Mom” Noteable accent. Use Therm O Web Mini Runner to adhere paper layers, as shown. Fussy cut more flowers to create the dimensional embellishment as well.
- Layer the flower pieces with Therm O Web 3D Zots as it was done with the frame.
- Complete the card with a hemp bow, pearl accent (MOM) and the “beloved” die-cut.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ve been inspired to create a little something special for Mother’s Day!
Be sure to enter to win! We have a fantastic assortment of products from Authentique from their Grace, Strong and Renew collections along with a fun EK Success Paper Edger punch!! You don’t want to miss it!
And we’d like for you to stop and visit the Authentique blog too to see their creations with our adhesives and their products..it’s a win win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway