Hi friends, it’s Ellen here! This summer is so much fun, I’m getting excited to show what I did for the collaboration between ThermOWeb & Waffle Flower.
Colorful Cards with Deco Foil
Maybe you’ve noticed already that I like to show different ways to use certain products. Today I want to show you three fun ways to create flocked paper backgrounds.
Background 1: Using Super Tape
As the name “Super Tape” predicts, it’s a super strong acid-free clear adhesive tape. It’s so strong that the Deco Foil Flock Sheets sticks on it.
Super Tape is available in three different widths. This makes it possible to use different widths together and make fun backgrounds with them. I used the 1/8 In role, let me explain how I created the background:
1. I placed the yellow paper (Gina K Wild Dandelion Cardstock) on an angle to my cutting mat. You can do any angle you like or do it even vertical or horizontal; whatever you like.
2. Further, I used the horizontal lines from my cutting mat to tape down the Super Tape on straight lines. The cutting mat helps me to keep them straight without any measurements. Because my paper is on an angle the placement of the tape gives the effect I need.
3. Take the backing paper off the tapes and place the Deco Foil Flock (Sunshine Yellow) on top of it with the flocked side facing the glue of the tape. Push it true you die-cutting machine and peel off the remained flock.
To finish of the card I created a scene in a hexagon with the adorable “Hello” stamps and dies from Waffle Flower.
Background 2: Using Deco Foil Transfer Gel
If you don’t want stripes or linear backgrounds, you can use stencils and Deco Foil to create fluffy backgrounds.
The Deco Foil Transfer Gel really broadens the use of the flock. you can make any kind of background you can imagine by using any kind of stencils you like. Let me show you below how easy it is.
1. Take your desired stencil tape it down on your background paper. You can use Pixie Spray or Purple Tape to help you with that. Apply the Deco Foil Transfer Gel with your Stencil Pal.
2. When the Deco Foil Transfer Gel is dry (it becomes completely transparent when it’s dry) you can then add the flock on top of it with the flocked side facing the Transfer Gel. Afterwards, you run it through your hot Laminator. On this card, I used the Blue Diamond Flock.
3. The final step is to peel off the flocked sheet.
The rest of this card was created with the “Celebrate” word dies from Waffle Flower. The Deco Foil Transfer Sheets Gold Shattered Glass with the help of the Deco Foil Toner Sheet give it a shiny look. The stars (from the “Hello” Waffle flower stamp and die set) were sprinkled all around the word applied with the ZIG Bling dots.
Background 3: Using Deco Foil Double-sided Foam Adhesive
Another great way to create any kind of backgrounds you want is simply to use the Deco Foil Double-sided Foam Adhesive and cut out any shape you like with your dies.
The Double-sided Foam Adhesive also broadens the use of your flock and it’s perfect for those who really don’t like to be a little messy.
1. Cut your Deco Foil Double-sided Foam Adhesive with the shapes you want. You can really use any die you like.
2. Place the shapes on your background paper and peel off the backing paper.
3. Like all the other cards you peel of the remained flock next (here I used the Purple Punch Deco Foil Flock). Afterwards, I did cut out a rectangle from that background, so I had a perfect background for my card.
The rest of the card was easily created by adding the illustration and text with 3D Foam Squares on the card. Then iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive is perfect to apply the little rhinestones (I did use these on each card).
I hope you give flocked backgrounds a try. I really loved creating these cards and the end results are so much fun!
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive
Deco Foil Floc Transfer Sheet – Sunshine Yellow
Deco Foil Floc Transfer Sheet – Blue Diamond
Deco Foil Floc Transfer Sheet – Purple Punch
Deco Foil Toner Sheets
Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Deco Foil Stencil Pal
Super Tape Roll – 1/8 In
Zots Roll Small
ICraft Mixed Media Adhesive 2.1 FL OZ
Gina K Design Foam Squares White
Gina K Design – Permanent Adhesive Dot Runner
Gina K Design – Premium Cardstock Turqoise Sea
Gina K Design – Premium Cardstock Wild Dandelion
Hello Stamp Set and Dies – Waffle Flower
Celebrate Die – Waffle Flower
Grass Border Dies – Lawn Fawn, Frames & Flags – Newton’s Nook Designs,
Hexagon dies – My Favorite Things
Thanks so much for stopping by today! We would love to see what YOU create with the Deco Foil Flock Transfer sheets – be sure to use #decofoil and #thermoweb on Social Media!
And don’t miss a chance to get yourself entered to win a $30 Gift Card! PLUS head over to Waffle Flower’s Blog for their giveaway as well!
a Rafflecopter giveaway