Every other Tuesday I hang out with 24 seven and eight-year olds for 1.5 hours. I am a Brownie Girl Scout leader. Spring means we sell Girl Scout cookies. We deliver Girl Scout cookies. We eat Girl Scout cookies. So why not craft with them too? Craft with the boxes that is. The cookies are long gone!
I decided to make my co-leaders and cookie mom a little cookie box notebook as a thank you for all the hard work they do. I emailed them for their favorite cookie type and got to work.
1. Cut the box open along the nutritional facts information with scissors. We don’t need to see the calories and sugar content in our final design so just cut right through it!
2. Using a trimmer cut a front cover and a back cover. Leave about a half inch of the side panel attached. We will be covering it with ribbon later (optional).
3. Cut chipboard (2) and patterned paper (2) to the same size as your cookie box covers. Also cut Therm O Web Peel N Stick Adhesive (4) to the same size.
4. Adhere the cookie box to the chipboard using one of the Peel N Stick adhesive sheets. Do the same with the patterned paper on the opposite side of the chipboard. Repeat the process for the back cover as well.
5. Optional – Brush on semi-glossy gel medium over the entire cover, both front and back, to protect your notebook from dirt, moisture, and regular handling. Let dry.
6. Optional – Cut a strip of 2″ wide patterned ribbon to coordinate with your book. Cut 2 pieces of Therm O Web 1/2″ Sticky Lines to the same length. Apply the Sticky Lines to the edge of the front cover; the edge that will not be bound but rather the edge that opens. Adhere the ribbon. Apply the second Sticky Line to the inside of the cover and wrap the ribbon around the edge to adhere the other side.
7. Bind your book and inner pages as desired.