It’s Jamie Mueller from Sunflower QUILTS back with another fun, quick Halloween quilt! This quilt is adapted from this tutorial shared already on the blog. Simply follow the same instructions to create an apple and a fun Jackolantern just in time for Halloween!
1-10″ square red (apple) fabric
1- 1″ X 3″ brown (stem) fabric
4-3″ squares white (background) fabric
2-3″ X 5″ white (background) fabric
1-3″ X 10″ white (background) fabric
2-2″ X 15″ white (background) fabric
2- 2 1/2″ X 13″ border fabric
2- 2 1/2″ X 19″ border fabric
2- 2 1/2″ X WOF strips binding fabric
1 Fat Quarter backing fabric
1 Fat Quarter StitchnSew Sew-in Fleece (for batting)
SpraynBond® Basting Spray (for quilting)
Deco Foils™ in desired colors (I used Lime Green and Rainbow)
Deco Foil™ Hot Melt Iron On Transfer Sheets
Directions: 1. Sew 1- 3″ white background fabric square to each 4 corners of the 10″ red apple fabric square. Trim all corners leaving 1/4″ seam allowance. Press and square block to 10″.
2. Sew 1-3″ X 5″ white background piece to each 3″ side of 1″ X 3″ brown stem piece. Press and trim to 3″ X 10″.
3. Sew pieced stem block to top of apple block along 10″ side. Press.
4. Sew 3″ X 10″ white background piece to bottom of apple block. Press. Block should be 13″ X 15″.
5. Sew 1- 2 1/2″ X 13″ border strip along top and bottom of apple block along the 13″ sides. Press. 6. Then, sew 1- 2 1/2″ x 19″ border strip along left and right sides of apple block along 19″ sides. Press.
Adding Deco Foils: 1. Using Deco Foil™ Hot Melt adhesive iron on transfer sheets and desired deco foil colors, add a leaf and teacher’s name to apple block. Read all package instructions carefully before applying Deco Foils™ to fabrics.
Finishing Wall Hanging: 1. I used StitchnSew™ Sew-in Fleece as my batting and SpraynBond® Basting spray to hold the layers of my quilt sandwich together. 2. Quilt as desired. I did quilt directly over the Deco Foils. It works perfectly and gives it a great look too!
4. Consider adding to the Halloween quilt.. Boo or Happy Halloween!