It’s Katrina, from Paper, Scissors and Glue here today to share a card that would work perfectly to give to someone starting a new job, or even on the hunt for one. I used some of the new iCraft® Deco Foil™ in Gold, along with my die cutting machine (Cameo in this case) and some Teresa Collins goodies.
Therm O Web Supplies:
Therm O Web 3D White Foam Squares-1/2 inch
Therm O Web iCraft SuperTape™
Therm O Web Sticky Tab Mini Runner
Therm O Web iCraft® DecoFoil™ – Gold
Other Supplies: Ribbon, Twine-May Arts; Pattern Paper, Die Cuts, Stickers, Wood Veener-Teresa Collins; Cardstock-American Crafts; Silhouette Cameo; Laser Toner Sheet; Punch-Martha Stewart
This card was actually a “test” run for a previous card and an idea I had for creating a “toner sheet” and using it with a laser printer. I have a tutorial on how to do that over on this post. This is a great way to make shapes to use with with your foils to add to your projects. The possibilities are endless!
1. Cut shape out of premade laser toner sheet.
2. Place DecoFoil over die cut with the grey side down and foil side up then run thru a laminator. Make sure laminator has heated up for at a minimum of 15 minutes. Removed foil and reveal die cut. See steps on this post. NOTE: I didn’t have a lot of gold foil left and I actually pieced a lot of this together by covering different areas and just running back thru the laminator. The foil will only stick to your black toner areas. I actually left some of them showing, because it went with the feel of my card.
3. Start piecing card together using the Sticky Tab Mini Runner
4. Create a big bow and attach it to your card face using the iCraft® SuperTape™.
5. Back die cut with 1/2 inch Foam Adhesive Squares. Place on front of card base. NOTE: I cut them in half to fit the spokes of the die cut.
6. Layer elements on top of iCraft® DecoFoil™ covered die cut.
7. Attached sticker sentiment and other embellishments with foam adhesive.
Thanks for stopping by the ThermOWeb blog today. And “Don’t Forget To Be Awesome!!!”
Paper, Scissors and Glue