Hey there Therm O Web fans, I have a fun, mermaid, shark-themed layout for you here on the blog today! It’s Katrina from Paper, Scissors, Glue and Hybrid Too with some underwater fun techniques with Deco Foil Metallix Gel. And there is a video at the end of the blog post for your learning and viewing enjoyment!
Shark Bait Layout
Therm O Web Supplies Used
• Deco Foil Foam Adhesive Sheets
• iCraft 3D Foam Squares Combo Pack
• iCraft 3D Foam Squares ½ Inch White|
• iCraft 3D Foam Squares ¼ Inch White
• iCraft Easy Tear Adhesive Tape .5 Inch
• iCraft Deco Foil Metallix Gel – White Pearl
• iCraft Deco Foil Stencil Pal
• iCraft Purple Tape .5 inch
• Memory Tape Runner XL
Other Supplies Used:
• Joy Clair Mermaid Tails Stamp
• Joy Clair Baby Shark Stamps
• Gina K Designs Black Amalgam Ink
• MISTI Stamping Tool 12 Inch x 12 Inch
• MISTI Stamping Tool 8 Inch x 10 Inch
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Light Carmine
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Light Pink
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Sugared Almond Pink
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Pink Haze
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Pale Green
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Colorless Blender
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Lemon Yellow
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Cool Gray
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Pale Gray
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Blue Gray
• Zig Kuretake Clean Color Real Brush Cobalt Blue
• Becca Bonneville Hello Adventure Digital Kits
• Forever Joy Digital Kits Vitamin Seas and Daddy Shark
• Canson XL Bristol Smooth 9×12
Shark Bait Layout Closeup
Did you know you can heat emboss over the Metallix Gel? I didn’t either until I tried it! I thought the Metallix in White Pearl would be a great base for the Mermaid Tails stamp from Joy Clair.
Spread the Metallix Gel over a sheet of card stock with the Stencil Pal. Once dry, then stamp with Versamark ink, use embossing powder of your choice and carefully heat emboss. In addition, make sure to continually move your heat tool while embossing. Once heat embossing is completed, color in sections using Zig Clean Color markers.
Next, to give your title a little punch, adhere partially with tape, then raise and curve the center section by using 3D Foam Squares and/or Strips.
Finally, add images that you have stamped and colored to complete your layout. Also, add Deco Foil Flock to elements and embellishments that came with your paper collection. Below, I added the Deco Foil Flock in Blue Diamond to the seaweed plant using a Deco Foil Glue pen.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!! And if you want to watch and see how this hybrid layout came together, watch the video in HD HERE or below!
It’s not a collaboration if we don’t offer up a chance for you to win some of these same supplies are designers are using. So follow the Rafflecopter for a chance to get yourself entered to win. Then visit our friends at Joy Clair for more ideas and giveaways as well!
Don’t miss the Birthday sale happening now at Joy Clair! Save 25% off your entire order!
a Rafflecopter giveaway