Deco Foil Unicorn Hoop Decor
Unicorns are magical and beautiful and loved by many people, especially my daughters. They asked me to make something unicorn themed for their room, and I came up with this Unicorn Face hoop. Adding a flower crown just adds to the magic of this fun decoration.
- Unicorn Face pattern
- Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive
- Deco Foil Transfer Sheets in gold
- Fabric Fuse Liquid Adhesive
- felt- I recommend wool blend felt
- freezer paper
- 8″ embroidery hoop
- fabric for hoop (at least a 10″ square)
- yarn, ribbon, or fabric to wrap your hoop (if desired)
- flowers to create a flower crown. I used the flowers in this pattern for mine, and added DecoFoil in coordinating colors to the petals but you could totally use purchased flowers instead
- hot glue gun and glue
Prepare eyes and ears:
- Trace or print the pattern pieces onto the paper side of freezer paper, fuse to felt using an iron on medium heat with no steam.
- Cut out pattern shapes using sharp scissors.
- Peel off freezer paper.
- Layer the light pink inner ear on the outer earpiece.
- Cut the slit on the inner ear so it’s also on the outer earpiece.
- Place a small dot of hot glue on one side of the slit and cross over the other side as shown, this will create a small dart in the bottom of the ear, allowing it to pop off the hoop a bit.
Make a golden horn:
- Trace horn pattern onto the paper side of DecoFoil Hot melt adhesive, cut around pattern with a small margin
- Fuse the adhesive onto the felt. (follow package instructions)
- Cut out on the traced line and remove the paper backing.
- Take felt and DecoFoil in gold to a pressing surface. Place the felt adhesive side up and cover with the gold foil. (the colored side of the foil should be facing up)
- Fuse with a medium heat iron with no steam.
- Peel away the excess foil.
Unicorn Hoop Assembly:
- If desired, wrap outside hoop with fabric, ribbon or yarn.
- Place fabric in hoop, make sure it’s taut.
- Trim fabric to 1/2″ from hoop and glue to the inside of the hoop.
- Position features on the hoop. Glue horn and ears into place with hot glue.
- Fold over half of one eyelash and use Fabric Fuse liquid adhesive to place a thin line of glue on an eyelash, gently lay back in place.
- Repeat for other half of eyelash and second whole eyelash.
- Add flower crown to Unicorn Face. Glue flowers and greenery in place using hot glue.
This unicorn hoop makes a great addition to a whimsical gallery wall or as a stand-alone decoration in a playroom or bedroom. I hope you enjoy yours as much as my girls do!