Hi! It’s Becca here from Sunflower Seams and I have a fun Floating Hearts dress to share today! Every little girl needs a special dress for Valentine’s day, whether it’s for her classroom party or a fun daddy-daughter dance.
Floating Heart Dress
HeatNBond Ultrahold Iron-On Adhesive
HeatNBond Medium Weight Interfacing
Fabric Fuse Liquid Adhesive
12″x12″ square of Art Gallery Fabrics Raspberry Rose
12″x12″ square of Art Gallery Fabrics Sweet Pink
12″x12″ square of Art Gallery Aurora Red
Simple Life Patterns Molly Dress
- Cut each of the 12″x12″ squares of fabric in half. Next cut three 12″x6″ pieces of HeatNBond Ultrahold Iron-On Adhesive and three 12″x6″ pieces of Medium Weight Interfacing.
- Apply Heat n Bond Ultra Hold Adhesive to the back of three of the 12″x6″ pieces of fabric (one in each color) per the instructions on the packaging. Then peel off the backing.
- Next, apply Heat n Bond Medium Weight Interfacing to the back of the other three 12″x6″ pieces of fabric, one in each color.
- Place the fabric with Ultra Hold Adhesive on top of the fabric with Interfacing, wrong sides together and press. You will be ironing the adhesive and interfacing together so you now have fabric on both sides.
- Choose your heart design from the Cricut Design Space. I used a simple free design.
- Place the fabric on a fresh mat and cut out the hearts. You can also make your own heart template if you don’t have a Cricut.
- Apply a small amount of Fabric Fuse to the raw edges of the fabric to help keep the hearts from fraying.
- Fold each heart in half and press. Place the hearts on the dress to determine placement and pin.
- Next, using the invisible thread, sew down the center of each heart. This will give the hearts a fun floating effect.
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope your little one loves her new Floating Hearts Dress as much as mine does!