We’re back with a brand new week and we’ve teamed up once again with our talented and sweet friends at Newton’s Nook!
If you’re not familiar with Newton’s Nook now is a perfect time!
We’ve had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer and Jeff, the talented husband and wife team who own Newton’s Nook. Here are some details on these two:
Newton’s Nook Designs is made up of a husband and wife team located in Southern Wisconsin (Go Packers!) Our goal is to provide you with unique and whimsical stamp designs that are fun to use and make you smile!
Jen has always loved to draw and create! About 15 years ago she discovered stamping and card-making and fell in love! Since she first started stamping she has always wanted to create her own stamp designs and is excited to see her visions come to life! All of our stamps are illustrated by Jen. They begin as hand-drawn pencil sketches which she then creates into the digital files that eventually become those cute stamps you love!
Jeff does all the behind the scenes essentials! He answers your questions, ships your orders and keeps everything running smoothly! He has even become a bit of a creative director, giving advice on stamp designs and helping to let Jen know when something doesn’t look right!
We hope you’ll stop by their website to learn more about them and how the name Newton’s Nook came to be! Plus see the adorable stamps, dies, and stencils! And don’t miss the chance to buy their exclusive Stamptember Stamp Set sold at Simon Says Stamp as well! It’s adorable! Kicking things off today we have Ellen Haxelmanns who happens to design for BOTH ThermOWeb AND Newton’s Nook!!
Hello everyone, it’s Ellen Here. I’m super happy that we celebrate the collaboration between ThermOWeb and Newton’s Nook Design. Both companies are near to my heart since I’m in the design teams for both of them. Let me show what I made.
The first card sparkles and shines with the Glitz Glitter Gel and the Gina K Design Fancy Foils.
Newton’s Nook Design is meanly known for their critter stamps and fun stencils. On this card, I wanted to show you how to make a background that pops with the Glitter Gel and use critters to accent your message.
1. I knew I wanted to use the new “Autumn Wishes” stamp set on this card. To make the sentiment a bit special I used the “Nested Label” dies and applied the “Sparkling Silver” Fancy Foils by running it true my laminator.
2. The background is the focus part of this card. That’s why I created a background piece by Distress ink. The ink is applied in a gradient look; dark on the sides and bright in the middle. This will guide your eyes to the middle of the card; perfect for my sentiment.
3. As you could see on step 2 I applied the Sweet Mango Glitz Glitter Gel with the stencil pall and the Falling Leaves stencil from Newton’s Nook Design. The glitter makes the card looks fabulous! In the end, I used smaller illustrations and added them around the message.
Since the previous card focuses more on the background we do the opposite and create a card that focuses on the illustration.
It took a little bit more time to create this card, but it doesn’t mean it as less fun!
1. First I created a blue background. This time from dark to light. I added snow with the White Glitz Glitter Gel and the “Petite Snow” Stencil.
2. I also wanted to show you a picture with the adhesive dot runner I really really love this thing to glue all the papers lately. It’s the best glue runner I even tried.
3. To make the snowboarders looks like snow I added more Glitz Glitter Gel with a paintbrush.
As last step, I applied sentiment on the card.
4. The Gina K Design “Sequins” Fancy Foil was used for the text. You can accomplish this by transferring the foil on to the Deco Foil Toner Sheets. I did stick the foiled piece on top of the white foam adhesive.
5. After that, you cut out your word. Keep the outline (of the paper) and place it on the card. Then you use the outline to glue the foam on your card.
6. Next you throw out the outline and put the paper word on top of the card. You can see that this little tip ensures everything is perfectly spaced.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Be sure to watch all the other designers on our ThermOWeb blog this week. Since Larissa and I are both part of both design teams we will have an extra post during the week at the Newton’s Nook Design Blog as well!
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Deco Foil – White Foam Adhesive
Gina K. Designs – Foam Squares White
Gina K. Designs – Adhesive Dot Runner
Gina K. Designs – Nested Label Dies
Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates – Label Borders
Gina K. Designs Stampsnstencils – Autumn Wishes stamp set
Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils – Gold Sequins
Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils – Sparkling Silver
Gina K. Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – White
Gina K. Designs Glitz Glitter Gel – Sweet Mango
Newton’s Nook Desing Supplies Used:
Frames and Flags Die Set, Framework Die Set, Holiday Greetings Die Set, Land Border Dies, Sea Border Dies, Falling Leaves Stencil, Petite Snow Stencil, Autumn Mice Stamps, and Dies, Harvest Tails Stamps and Dies and Moose Mountains Stamps and Dies
So it would NOT be a collaboration if we didn’t have a giveaway as well to share! We’re offering a chance for you to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop with our friends at Newton’s Nook! You’ll be able to select from their brand new release including the must-have Gingham Stencil! Be sure to go see this! And once you’ve gotten yourself entered here…head over to the Newton’s Nook website AND blog to see their adorable projects and for another chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway