See how easy it is to make dozens of this “Happy Holidays” snowflake card. It’s a simple design but still offers impact with dimension, sparkle and texture.
And best of all, these cards can be done in a snap and ready for the season in no time!
“Happy Holidays” Card by Patti Milazzo
Therm O Web Supplies:
Therm O Web Mini Runner – Sticky Dot (green)
Therm O Web Zots – 3D
Therm O Web Glitter Dust – Iridescent
Therm O Web 3D Foam Squares Combo Pack – White
Sizzix Dies (Alterations Styled Label and Snowflake Bigz Die), Simple Stories Sn@p! pattern paper, Bazzil cardstock (white and kraft), button, natural hemp, font- SP Toby Unleashed by Kelly Purkey, scallop circle punch by Fiskars
1. Create a standard A2 4.25”x5.5” vertical card from white cardstock or use store bought cards.
2. Die cut snowflakes from pattern paper. Spray both snowflakes and buttons with Therm O Web Glitter Dust. Let these dry as the rest of the card is created.
3. For each card, cut 3 strips of pattern paper/cardstock: Blue – 2.5” x 5.25”, Red – 2” x 4.75”, and Green – 1.5” x 4”. Next, one quarter to one half inch from the bottom of each banner, mark the center of the strip on the back with a pencil. Cut from the corner to the center on each side to create the banner shape.
4. Use the Sticky Dot Mini Runner to apply adhesive to the back of each paper strip banner and layer them to the front of the card, as shown.
5. Die cut a label shape (approximately 4” wide) from kraft cardstock. Print/stamp the sentiment also on kraft cardstock. Trim the sentiment strips and cut wedges from both ends in the same way as the banners. Apply Therm O Web Adhesive 3D Foam Squares on the back of the label shape and the sentiment strip. Adhere the label shape just below the top of the card. Apply the sentiment below the label and to the right.
6. Punch a 1.5” scallop circle from white cardstock. Apply Sticky Dot Mini Runner adhesive to the back of the snowflake center. Adhere to the scallop circle – this will give the snowflake some stability and hide the 3D Zots that will be used. Place a button in front of the snowflake and pierce holes through the paper that align with the button. Thread the doubled length of hemp through the holes and tie a bow. Next, apply 3D Zots to the back of the scallop circle and apply to the center of the label to complete the card.
• As in any mass production project, pre-cut the pieces to speed the process.
• To prevent die-cuts from blowing away while applying Glitter Dust Spray, add a tiny bit of adhesive to the back to help each piece stick to the spraying surface being used.