Hello, friends! It’s Ellen here sharing a fun project featuring the Gina K. Stamp and Stencils and the Fancy Foils. I also had a little helper in the craft room. The tutorial you can find below is one made by the help of my little niece Kyra (10 years old).
Cardmaking with Kids
Of course, my partner chose a few fun items. One of her picks was the reveal wheel. I decided not to explain how to make that part of the card. There are a ton of YouTube video’s that go in these details. If you are still curious to know, feel free to look it up.
I want to explain how you can give an extra special look on this interactive card by using ThermOWeb products.
Cardmaking with Deco Foil
1. First, we decided to give the card base color. We used Distress ink for that. Kyra chose blue, I chose yellow.
2. The next step was to apply the “Deco Foil Transfer Gel” by using our stencils. On Kyra’s card, you will see the pretty floral wave “Crazy Daisy” from Gina K. Design Stamp and Stencils. On my card, you see “Petal and Wings”. The Stencil Pal is really helpful to evenly apply the gel. Afterwards, it’s good to let the card dry. I rinse the stencils off under warm water with the help of an old toothbrush. It’s really easy to remove the gel from your stencils.
3. The Deco Foil Transfer Gel becomes translucent when it’s completely dry. It’s the perfect moment to add foil. We both loved the Gina K. Design Fancy Foils. Kyra used the “Brilliant Blue” foil and I used “Sparkling Silver” foil. To add the foil you put your paper with a piece of the foil on top of it in between parchment paper. The foil that’s on top of the paper is added with the pretty side facing upwards. ThermOWeb does have a YouTube Channel with video’s that show how to do it. Here you can find a link that explains adding the foil very well; View the video instructions.
4. As finishing touch we did use the leaves and bugs stamps and dies from the “Crazy Daisy” and “Petal and Wings” Gina K. Design Stamp and Stencils. We used the stencils where needed (o add a layer on the butterfly and the dots on the ladybug).
5. Gina K. Design “White Foam Squares” are perfect to add all the pieces to the cards.
It’s really a fun project to do with kids. The Stamp and Stencils add a lot of fun in your projects. Using it with foil and adding extra’s to your stamps is really something kids are amazed at. It’s just not making a boring card, it because a little more challenging. I enjoyed crafting with my niece. I loved her blue and purple card. The colors go so well together. She also made me have a blue and pink ladybug, something I would choose myself, but really love on this card.
That’s it for today, I hope you enjoyed our little projects. Next time try to craft with a little one next to you because you see it’s fun! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great week.
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Stamp set – Petals and Wings
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Stamp set – Crazy Daisy
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Die set – Petals and Wings
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Die set – Crazy Daisy
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Detail Stencil – Petals and Wings
Gina K Design – StampnStencil Detail Stencil – Crazy Daisy
Gina K Design – Fancy Foils – Briljant Blue
Gina K Design – Fancy Foils – Sparkling Silver
Gina K Design Foam Squares White
Gina K Design – Permanent Adhesive Dot Runner
Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Deco Foil Stencil Pal
Lawn Fawn – Reveal Wheel die, Lawn Fawn – Family Sentiments stamp set, Ranger Tim Holtz – Distress ink, Hello Bluebird – Elephant stamps and dies