Hello paper crafters, It’s Ellen here that takes over the blog again, this time for the ThermOWeb and Heffy Doodle collaboration.
I’m so excited about this collaboration, as you can see I have some inspiration to share featuring the Deco Foil Metallix Gel, Deco Foil Flock, and a superhero theme.
You Are Super Card
On the first card, I used the Supergirl from the Superdudes Heffy Doodle stamp set. To show you how I created the background with the Deco Foil Metallix Gel and Flock I made a step by step photo tutorial.
1. Cut out a rectangular base for your background. I choose watercolor paper and inked it with blue distress inks. As I always do, I also sprinkled water and blue ink on top.
2. To make the background look like it came from a comic book I used the Zap Attack stencil from Heffy Doodle and went over it with the Deco Foil Metallix Gel Champagne Mist. I really love how shiny these Metallix Gels are!
3. In my opinion, all superhero’s with a cape live far above us in the sky, so I had to add fluffy clouds on the card. To transfer the Deco Foil Flock on the White Foam Adhesive I pushed the Flock kissing the foam under my die cutting machine. Afterward, you can cut out all the shapes you like.
The very last thing to do is just adding all the elements on your card with White Foam Squares from Gina K Design and Zot Roll Medium (clear adhesive glue dots).
Have a Super Day Card
Of course, I also wanted to make a card with the male superheroes.
I basically create a completely different card using the same techniques. To not repeat myself I like to share a quick tip for this card how easy it is to place the White Foam Adhesive in the correct shape and spacing on your card.
1. To have clean edges I cut my White Foam Adhesive and paper separately. After that, you keep the outline (from the Foam Adhesive) around the freshly cut word. Take only the backing paper of the word and place it like that on the card.
2. Remove the outline from the card. This should be easy; because it doesn’t stick. If you have troubles with the small pieces, use little tweezers to help you take them out.
3. After that, you put the paper word on top of the White Foam Adhesive. To make the word looks cool, I used a piece of the Deco Foil Toner Sheets and Deco Foil Transfer Sheet in the Iridescent color.
These super dudes are just so adorable!!
Super Hero Wand
I couldn’t resist making an extra project and created this fun wand.
On this item, I used the Deco Foil Metallix Gel and Flock, but also some other elements like the Gina K. Design Nested Label Dies and the Sheer Satin Fancy Ribbon. It’s very easy to create a wand if you simply add 2 similar pieces on to each other with the straw in between.
Thanks for joining me today! I had such a blast working on these projects. Be sure to stick with us for the whole week for more inspiration on this fun collaboration.
ThermOWeb Supplies Used:
Deco Foil Metallix Gel – Champagne Mist
Deco Foil Metallix Gel – Pure Gold
Deco Foil White Foam Adhesive
Deco Foil Flock Transfer Sheet – White Latte
Deco Foil Transfer Sheet – Iridescent
Deco Foil Toner Sheets
Deco Foil Stencil Pal
Zots Roll Small
Gina K Design Foam Squares White
Gina K Design Nested Label Dies
Gina K Design Satin Fancy Ribbon – White and Silver
Superdudes – Heffy Doodle Stamp Set and dies, Super Heffy Cuts, Zapp Attack – Heffy Doodle Stencil, Cityscape – Heffy Doodle Stencil, Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables Lawn Fawn, Zig Zag Rectangles Stackables – Lawn Fawn, Zig Zag Circle Stackables – Lawn Fawn, Puffy Cloud Borders – Lawn Fawn, Distress Ink
We hope you loved today’s tutorial and projects! There are so many creative ways to use our Deco Foil products!
If you create something we hope you’ll share with us on Social Media using the #Hashtag #decofoil, #thermoweb as we LOVE to see what you create!! Be sure to stop by the Heffy Doodle Blog as well as their social media during this week for more chances to win!
Speaking of chances to win…we have one right here for you to enter. The more steps you do…the more chances for you to win with us!
a Rafflecopter giveaway