It’s Gracie Chávez and today I want to share with you 4 fun DIY gift ideas for Valentine’s Day, using Deco Foil™. These projects are easy to make and will sure bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Valentine Gift Ideas with Deco Foil + Free Digital Paper
Therm O Web Supplies:
Deco Foil™ Transfer Sheets • Summer Rainbow
12″ Foil Laminator
Deco Foil™ White Foam Adhesive
3D White Foam Squares • Combo Pack
iCraft Adhesive™ Tape • 1/2 in
iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive 2.1 fl oz
Zots™ Roll • Small
Free Digital Confetti Hearts Patterned Paper
Papers: Vellum, acetate, kraft, tissue, patterned scrapbooking paper. Also, corrugated cardboard.
Tools: Scissors, Paper trimmer, die cutting machine, Laser Printer, Heart dies (Large and small), Pillow box die
DIY Gift Idea Instructions:
Start out by printing the Confetti Hearts digital paper using a laser printer. You can print the design on any kind of paper you like.
Now that your foiled papers are ready you can create an endless number of quick and easy Valentine’s gifts. Here are a few ideas:
Transparent Mini Tags
1. Cut small 2″ squares from a sheet of custom foiled acetate.
2. Use a small die to cut a heart from Deco Foil™ White Foam Adhesive.
Cute Layered Valentine’s Cards
2. Attach the polka dot patterned mat to the card base with 3D White Foam Squares • Combo Pack, then add the foiled vellum mat on top of it using iCraft Adhesive™ Tape • 1/2 in and finally use iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive 2.1 fl oz to adhere the corrugated cardboard heart to the side of the card front making sure to hide the tape on the vellum.
3. Cut the excess from the cardboard heart.
4. Tie a piece of 1″ pink gross grain ribbon around the card front.
Quick Candy Bar Wrapper
1. Measure your candy bar and cut the foiled kraft paper to cover most of it. Also, cut two 3″ strips of pink tissue paper and attach them to the sides of the kraft paper, ruffling it as you adhere it using iCraft Adhesive™ Tape • 1/2 in.
2. Attach the kraft paper to wrap the candy bar completely and decorate with ribbon and paper twine.
Foiled Acetate Pillow Box
1. Use a pillow box die to cut a piece of foiled acetate.
2. Put the box together using iCraft Adhesive™ Tape • 1/2 in.
3. Fill the box with tissue paper and a few chocolates and close using Zots™ Roll • Small
All these gift ideas are quick to make and you can even personalize them for teachers and classmates! Make small vellum tags to coordinate with a foiled Valentine’s Greeting and even add an elegant touch to the inside of the cards with a foiled message.
Tip: I actually upcycled a few supplies for these DIYs, starting with the corrugated cardboard used for the heart and also the kraft paper that I printed and foiled to wrap the chocolate bar. Adding foil to supplies you already have around the house is quite a way to upcycle. Be sure to try it out!TooltipText
Here is the free Confetti Heart Digital Paper I made for you!
All these DIY gift idea projects were created with this fun design. Click here to download.